Acrylic Paint Techniques | Acrylic House Paints | Acrylic Latex Paint
Acrylic Paint Techniques
Acrylics have their own advantages
- Acrylic paints have three dimensional effects
- One can add various substances for different effects, when using acrylic paints
- Acrylic Paints can be thinned down using water
- Acrylic paint dries Fast
Acrylic painting is a very versatile method of painting. Acrylic paints come with a wide variety of densities (or viscosity), from really thin, like ink, to thick like clotted cream.
Acrylic latex paint applies really smoothly, wears well, and cleans up really nicely.
Latex acrylic paint does, however have an oil base, contrary to belief, however the base is water-soluble. Therefore it is easy to wash brushes and rollers with warm soapy water.
Paint Techniques with Acrylic Paint
Combing is a painting technique which can transform a plain surface such as a terra cotta pot, a wall, or even items of furniture into something quite unique:
This is how it is done:
- Apply a base coat of acrylic paint
- Cover the first acrylic coat with a glaze or complementary colour
- Pull the teeth of a combing tool through the glaze or contrasting colour to reveal the base coat of acrylic paint
- The result? A striped finish that resembles the grain of wood.
- Why not go one step further and make the pattern plaid, or checkerboard?
Now that you have had the opportunity of trying out combing, why not go one step further and try other ways of decorating your space