Tips to Revamp your Room
Ten tips to give your room a facelift
- Decorating a room in your home does not need to be expensive or difficult. Often you can achieve fantastic design results by spending a small amount of money on items that make a big difference, or by using items you already own. Try to rearrange your furniture to make the room look a bit different. Many times people get so used to one room as it is and they forget to try the easy fixes.
- Bring in pieces of furniture or other items from other rooms. You might have some neat things that are piled away in the garage that you’ve forgotten about. If a room is crowded, take some pieces out.
- Adding or changing curtains creates a great look and pulls a room together. Be careful not to choose curtains that don’t match the rest of the room. Use fabric that will fit in with the rest of the room’s decor.
- If your furniture is worn, use a blanket or sheet to cover it. Sofas and chairs can give a completely different feel to a room by just changing the way they look by throwing a neat cover over it.
- Use tablecloths to change a room. This is an inexpensive (and quick way) to change your room on a regular basis. Consider festive tablecloths over seasonal holidays.
- Try using different lighting to change the setting and bring a certain ambiance to a room. Sometimes just moving a light fixture to a different location in a room makes a big difference.
- Use plants to decorate a room. Bringing plants into a room creates a sense of freshness.
- Add some art and pictures to the walls. Consider enlarging some family pictures and making frames yourself.
- Bring in an area rug to change up the room. Try laying the rug at different angles for a look that is out of the ordinary.
- Paint will lead to the most dramatic difference and “bang for your buck” for your home. New paint automatically gives a room a fresh look for very little money. If you are willing to do the work yourself, then there are even more savings. Read Warrior Paints’ advice on how to choose a new colour to give your room a total revamp!