Warrior Epoxy 4.1 Enamel
Warrior Epoxy 4:1 Enamel
Warrior Epoxy 4:1 Enamel is a high quality two-pack general purpose epoxy- polyamide coating with a gloss finish.
Warrior Epoxy 4:1 Enamel is used in high traffic areas and where a relatively high resistance to chemicals is required, e.g. workshop floors, fuel tanks,etc.
SPECIFICATION OR RECOMMENDED PAINT SYSTEM :
- Acid-etch with Warrior Spirits of Salts or 15-20% Hydrochloric Acid solution. Leave for 15-20 minutes to react on floor and then wash thoroughly with plenty of water to neutralise and remove all traces of acid on the surface. Allow floor to dry for 24 hours minimum.
- Apply one coat of Warrior Epoxy Enamel thinned 15% by volume with Epoxy Thinners. Allow to dry overnight. This acts as the primer/sealer as it penetrates into the concrete surface.
- Finish off with two full coats of Epoxy Enamel unthinned allowing 12-16 hours in-between coats.
NOTE : Curing times at low temperatures is normally longer. Full chemical cure can take up to 7 days.
- Remove all old and flaking paint by chemical stripping or mechanical sanding.
- Clean with an emulsifier or degreasing liquid to remove all traces of oil, grease, dirt and other contaminants. Heavily stained or oil soaked floors may require repeated applications of degreaser, or rescreeding prior to any paint application.
- Wash thoroughly and then proceed as for new floors.
NOTE : Acid-etch is still required
APPLICATION: Brush, Roller, or spray
CLEANING SOLVENT: Epoxy Thinners
THINNING SOLVENT: Epoxy Thinners
POT LIFE: 8 hours @ 25°C
MIXING RATIO: Mix Base : Curing Agent 4:1 by volume
APPLICATION VISCOSITY: Brush or Roller – use as mixed with curing agent.
Spray – 20-25 seconds F4 or thin 25-30% with epoxy thinners to spray viscosity
- PRIMER COAT : 6-8 m² per litre
- FINAL COAT : 8-10 m² per litre
- SURFACE DRY : 1 hour
- HARD DRY : 6-8 hours
- OVERCOATING : overnight
PACK SIZE: 5L (4L base & 1L curing agent)
COLOUR RANGE: Green, Grey (ex stock) other colours on request
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1,2 + 0,05 mixed
NON VOLATILE (%): 55-60% mixed
FLASH POINT: 9°C
FINISH: High Gloss
PRIMER: CONCRETE : Self priming
METAL :Epoxy anti-corrosive metal primer
GENERAL INFORMATION :
a) Allow a standing time of 15-20 minutes after mixing base with curing agent.Mix again thoroughly after standing time. Use within 8 hours of combining base and catalyst.
Contact us for the Warrior Epoxy 4:1 Enamel.